Skin is the largest part of the body. It covers all the parts of the body and considered as an external protection to avoid direct contamination, infection and contact of viruses, bacteria or fungi to cause disease or illness. However, though it is a covering it also experiences different conditions. There are so many skin problems that have been discovered and made several cases worldwide. One of the most common is the condition named as psoriasis. Let us go over details about psoriasis, its cause, treatment and management and most especially the prevention techniques so as you can’t have one.
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is one of the many skin conditions which is considered long-term or chronic. This is very evident for someone since the skin is to grow faster than the normal skin cells and is resulting to thick, white, silvery or red patches in the skin. In the normal pathophysiology of the skin, it flakes off gradually for about a month and new skin cells replace the outer layer of the skin they are to shed. However in psoriasis, the new skin cell grow rapidly as normal and build up thick white patches in the skin which are termed as plaques. They differ in sizes and usually can be seen in the elbows, knees and scalp. It is more prevalent in adults, but children and teenagers can have this too however accounted cases for this is in little numbers.
Why it Occurs?
Most of the people having psoriasis feel embarrassed since it is humiliating for others to see that you have these white or silvery patches in your skin. Experts and professionals believe that it occurs if the immune system overreacts which causes inflammation and skin flaking. However, some would believe that it is hereditary and runs in the family. For some reasons, psoriasis is not contagious. It can’t be spread if someone touched or have a contact in the infected skin. As mentioned, it is an autoimmune disease and is not transferrable by contact.
What are Signs and Symptoms?
Well, signs and symptoms of psoriasis are very noticeable. Signs and symptoms differ from the severity of the condition. If you have mild psoriasis then you can see rashes like patches in your skin. If it is then moderate which the most common in the cases accounted, it will elicit inflammation with raised red patches with white or silvery scaling skin. However, if it is severe then it becomes tender and itchy plus the signs and symptoms discussed in moderate psoriasis. Some would affect the entire back for example since the patches join together to cover up a larger area.
What Are The Treatments?
If you have psoriasis then you can have many treatments to consider. One of the most common among all treatments is the use of shampoos. There is a lot of shampoo for psoriasis out there intended for psoriasis. You can search to online and offline stores and make reviews from each. However, here are some of the best shampoo for psoriasis you can use to treat your psoriasis.
- Polytar shampoos. It is specialized for scalp psoriasis. It has variety of ingredients which include pine tar, coal tar, arachis oil and cade oils. Its ingredients are perfectly combined to be an effective treatment for your scalp psoriasis since it mostly functions as an antiseptic. The goal is to reduce the hardening of your skin and prevent its excessive scaling. It can be purchased without prescription so you can have it over the counter.
- Coal tar shampoos. This is the most popular shampoo that can be bought in liquid or shampoo form. The trick to have an effective treatment is to let the coal tar shampoo last for 10 to 15 minutes in your hair or scalp before washing it with water. Coal tar shampoos are not good in smell; it has a mild pungent odor and most of the customers complain to it. However, today there are some coal tar shampoos scented so as most people would still use it.
- Denorex shampoos. Some reviews said that this is the best among the three. It is also a coal-tar containing shampoo which is great in stopping the itchiness, moisturizing your sensitive skin and lessens the growth scale build up. Unlike coal tar shampoo it has good scented smells and is advised to use every single day. After weeks of consumption, you are to see visible effective results.
How to Prevent Psoriasis?
There is no such thing as prevention of psoriasis since it is an autoimmune disease where the body fights itself. It has no causative agent, unlike any other skin problems. All you need to do is manage it as soon as you have it. You can use creams and lotions to always moisten your skin so as to prevent the scaling and itchiness. You can also take baths and soak your skin with hot water to lessen the pain and inflammation. Avoid too much exposure to UV lights, sunrays and other things that you know can aggravate the condition. You should also take the medications and follow the instruction of your doctors to let it heal and return your skin to normal.
What Are the Things to Avoid?
To lessen the situation and reduce the risk of occurrence you should have followed these things to avoid.
- You should avoid skin injury since it may trigger the occurrence of scaling and worsen the condition.
- Also avoid stress and anxiety since it can increase the flaring of your skin if you have psoriasis.
- You should have proper hygiene so as to prevent infection and worsen your psoriasis with other conditions that will trigger if you go over dirty places or habits.
- Have a healthy lifestyle to avoid the autoimmune instances for your body. Not just for psoriasis but for other skin condition related to it.
Always have the time to take care of your body. Use shampoo for psoriasis to treat the condition. This shampoo for psoriasis is very affordable and available worldwide. Buy shampoo for psoriasis now!