How to Get Rid of Acne Scars
Let’s face it, though an acne is a big no-no for every person, we just have to experience it because of some reasons. This acne will leave an unwanted scar in the face that seem to always remind us that an acne was once there. It happens to almost anyone, regardless of gender, class, or status in the society. Some would say that it is just a phase. That sooner or later, you will have to get rid of having acnes. Though this may ring true, these unwanted facial visitors mostly leave an indelible mark through traces of scars. The intensity and degree of scars vary depending upon some factors. For example, if you have white complexion, then most probably, you’ll have dark pinkish scars. If you have a dark complexion, on the other hand, then the spots will appear a little too brownish. Keep reading to learn How to Get Rid of Acne Scars.
If you happen to be that person who wanted to eliminate their ugly scars in the face brought about by acne, then this article is made especially for you. Nowadays, there are a lot of remedies and solutions that are devised in order to get rid of these unwanted and uninvited marks in the face. The remedies range from medical to natural, surgical to homemade.
What You Need to Know
Homemade Solutions to Scars
Did you know that the ingredients you used in cooking can be the answer to your beauty trouble? Well then, consider yourself enlightened. Do not just let the following ingredients sit in your kitchen just waiting to be cooked, use it for your face too. Here are some of these very useful ingredients:
- Olive Oil – One of the best remedies for this problem is applying an olive oil directly onto your face. It is important to ensure that the olive oil you will use is 100% raw. According to experts, the olive oil will help your face to become clearer and to eventually eliminate all the scars in your face. For better results, it is highly suggested that you use this for at least three (3) times a day: one in the morning after waking up, one in the midday or in the afternoon, and one in the evening before going to sleep.
- Lemon Juice – This one should also be effective as a lemon juice contains in it natural skin bleaching properties. This is one big help to help your facial spots to lighten effectively. To prepare the solution, you just need to pour an amount of water equivalent to the amount of lemon juice. Then you may proceed in applying the solution to the scarred area. Make sure that you do not put an amount in the unaffected areas of the face. Leave this for about 15-20 minutes before completely washing off with water. After washing your face with lemon juice, it is highly recommended for you to moisturize your face since lemons are very acidic and have the tendency of drying your face up.
- Baking Soda – This is also one of the best answers if your question is something like how to get rid of acne scars. According to users, they are using this to keep their facial skin exfoliated and to eliminate the appearance of acne or zits. To prepare, you just need to make a paste-like solution by having one teaspoon of baking soda mixed up with 2 teaspoons of water. Apply the paste directly onto the affected area in a circular motion and let it sit for at least 10 minutes. Wash off with water afterward. This is said to be effective because the baking soda has a pH level of 7.0. This pH level is too high or too strong for an acne to survive on your face any longer. Thus, applying this will help you lessen the infection and inflammation brought about by the bacteria in the acne.
Save Your Clear Skin and Prevent Having an Acne
Of course, nothing beats the old adage that goes “prevention is better than cure”. So if you still have time and you still do not experience the stressful acne phase of your life, then consider the following tips to enable yourself to maintain your clear white skin.
- Eat healthy foods. Did you know that the food we eat reflects in our body? That is, if you eat healthy foods, then you will always appear nourished, healthy, and good. Eat foods that are rich in vitamins and minerals. One of the main causes why acne attacks happen is because of the lack of the body’s nutrients. Considering this, you should always bear in mind to supply yourself with healthy foods only. If you must, you can also take your daily dose of vitamins to supplement the nutrients that are lacking in the food that you are eating. Also, if you always eat a lot of junk, then you are stuffing yourself with just that – junks.
- Exercise regularly. Most people are already in the know about the healthy benefits of getting fit, staying active, and having a regular exercise. However, there are still those who choose to remain as their couch potato self. A healthy regular exercise will help you eventually to achieve a healthy and beautiful skin. Do something that your future self will thank you for.
- Have a full night sleep. Most of the time, people observe a popping acne in the face after they have done an all-nighter. So to prevent yourself from having one, sleep for at least 8 to hours a day. You should also bear in mind to always keep your sheets fresh and clean as the dirt may be easily transferred from the pillows to your face.
- Always keep your face clean. It is important to observe a regular washing habit. The number of washing one’s face varies from person to person depending on their skin type. There are some who needs to regularly apply moisturizer and toner while there are also some who just needs to wash their face with soap before going to bed.