According to the US Library of Medicine, “ blackheads are small, dark spots on the skin, caused by a small blockage in the opening of a pore (follicle).” These are generally extracted by a blackhead remover. Blackhead remover is a small metal tool which is used by the professionals at the time of facials to remove a large area of the blackheads. It is a handy device which will help in keeping your pores free of blemishes and blackheads. Squeezing your skin can cause more problems than using a blackhead remover. Now you must be thinking how to use a blackhead remover? It is particularly good for the nose blackheads. Make sure you apply less pressure while doing it, otherwise you will end up hurting yourself. Here are some ways to use a blackhead remover:
- Clean your face properly with lukewarm water and keep a warm towel or cloth on the blackhead area for some time so that the pores will open up. You can also give some steam to your face to make it easier for you.
- Now place the round or loop end of the remover over your blackhead that you want to remove or extract.
- Very tenderly press down on one side of your blackhead and move your blackhead remover across the top. The best way to use it is to make pressure from one side and relieve it out. Make sure you will be able to feel a little pressure as you press down and the blockage will definitely come out.
- After this, cleanse your skin properly, yet gently and apply some moisturizer to make it soft.
- Do not forget to wash your blackhead remover in a hot soapy water so that the germs will get removed. Keep it in an airy place and let it dry.
Let’s talk about the nose blackhead removal. For nose, you might not be able to place the whole loop on the blackhead. It is better if you use the edge of the round or the loop part of the blackhead remover. It is very important that you clean the remover or extractor nicely after every use. You should always clean it with warm soapy water so that the bacteria will not grow on it. To be on the safe side, you can also use a little bit of hand sanitizer after your blackhead remover becomes dry.
Using a blackhead remover perfectly is a matter of practice. It can also be used for ear blackheads and some whiteheads on your skin after you get the hang of it. Generally, all the blackhead removers or extractors come with a guarantee that it will not scar your skin but still you should always choose the best product based on these things, like:
- The blackhead remover tool has angled loops
- Good quality stainless steel
- Popular brand
- Good customer reviews
- Easily sanitizable
- Designed with double ended loops
Using blackhead remover is safe for your skin. In spite of this, you should take some precautions while using it. For example:
- Do not push too hard on a blackhead, it can injure your skin.
- If a blackhead is difficult to remove and it is too stubborn, try to cure it with acne creams which contain salicylic acid.
- Consult your dermatologist before using it in a proper way so that you will not damage your skin.
- Make sure you are not extracting the sebaceous filaments. Sebaceous filaments have gray or tan tone and the blackhead is black in color. They are basically smaller than the blackheads. So, do not touch or remove the sebaceous filaments otherwise it may cause infection on your skin.
Above guidelines will surely help you to know how to use a blackhead remover? Once you get handy with it, you can use it quickly without any hassle. If you are a beginner and not being able to understand the procedure to use the blackhead remover, it will be better for you to consult your skin specialist for the same.